BI for Intune User Guide
Accessing BI for Intune
- Login to https://app.powerbi.com using your corporate email address.
- Note: A Power BI Pro license is required to view, edit or create reports or dashboards.
- Notice on the right side of the page you will see Apps and Workspaces. Here you will find the BI for Intune app and Workspace
BI for Intune App
You should access the BI for Intune app whenever you simply want to consume data from either an in-built dashboard or a custom dashboard created within your organization.
Navigate the tabs to view the various pages.
All the charts and graphs within the page are interactive. Simply click any chart or graph to filter the entire page. Charts and graphs can also be drilled into by right clicking on them.
BI for Intune Workspace
The workspace is where you will go to perform admin level tasks such as created new reports or granting access to reports to others inside of your organization.
How to Edit or Create a New Report
- Select the BI for Intune workspace.
- Select the bi_for_Intune report.
- Select Edit report.
- Right-click a page to duplicate an existing page or select the New Page tab.
- Create your new report using the Visualizations and Fields menus.
- Here are some great tutorials to help get you started:
(Note: All of our subscriptions include training to help you become familiar with working in Power BI)
- To give your page a friendly name right-click the tab and select Rename Page.
- Once you’ve completed your new page click File and then Save.
Grant access to others in your organization
- Select the arrow next to Workspaces > select More options (...) next to BI for Intune > Workspace Access.
- Enter the email address or the person(s) you’d like to grant access.
- Select role from the drop-down list. Click Add.
Note: All users who access Power BI need a Power BI Pro license assigned to them.
Configure an email subscription to a report
- From either the app or the workspace access the report page for which you’d like to configure a subscription.
- Ensure that you are in the Reading view.
- Click Subscribe.
- Select Add new subscription.
- Enter the email address of the person whom you’d like to subscribe to the report.
- Complete any other desired information. Click Save and close.